The scoop is that my husband was promoted and transferred to Georgia. This is exciting and challenging (to say the least) for me. And to say I’ve been a bit wishy washy about how I’m going to pull this off is an understatement. Here’s the gist of what my friends and family have been dealing with….
Me (1st idea):
Den was promoted and transferred to Georgia. We are moving there, buying a house and I’ll commute back and forth (to help take care of family).
Me (2nd idea):
There is no way I can move to Georgia with everything going on. We will make our townhouse in Illinois our main residence and just rent a place in Georgia and that way we can stay mobile. I’ll commute back and forth (to spend time with Den).
Me (3rd and final idea):
We are moving to Georgia, in the process of buying a house and I’ll commute back and forth (to help take care of family).
All this and action to carry out each of these plans took place within a one month period.
I was a maniac.
Things I’ve learned:
- Idea 1 and 3 are the same. Always stick with your original answer.
- Idea 2 was me freaking the hell out.
- I think I have way too much on my plate.
- Basically, any way you look at it, I’m commuting back and forth.
- Midway and Atlanta Airports are going to be my third and fourth homes.
- I’m tired just thinking about it all. Maybe I can sleep on the plane.
- On a positive note, I should rack up a bunch of frequent flyer miles.
- Just when you think your life has become humdrum, life throws you a curve ball.
Most of you know that we’ve moved a bazillion times in the past 16 years and I’ve loved the adventure, but this one has been a rough one. I guess it’s because I have so much responsibility in Illinois but I would never hold my husband back from his goals either. So, this is how it’s going to be and I’m placing it the powers above.
We lived in southern Georgia in 2001 for 6 years and loved it and I am already starting to love it here.
If I could convince all my loved one’s to move here with me, the above situation wouldn’t be an issue. Maybe once winter strikes again in the Midwest, they’ll change their minds.
Whomever created this, I would like to order one. Or not. Yeah, maybe.